Where to configure this: FotoWeb Site configuration - Settings - Services - Authentication Providers
FotoWeb supports several mechanisms for authenticating users through a web browser. These can be coupled with Single Sign-on to give users effortless access to the DAM system without requiring manual input of user credentials. When using FotoWeb Authentication or Windows Active Directory for authentication, Integrated Windows Authentication is used for SSO.
Typically SSO is used in combination with an authentication provider such as Active Directory or SAML, but it is also possible to use SSO in combination with regular Windows Authentication, where the client computer passes the logged-in user's credentials to FotoWeb and authenticates immediately when the credentials can be matched with an existing FotoWeb account.
When configuring Single Sign-on for one of the authentication mechanisms, you can decide whether it should be possible to "override" SSO so that users can also manually input a username and password to log in. This way, you can have a combination of users with and without SSO authentication, so users on your domain can log in with SSO while external users can log in manually using an assigned username and password.
- Active Directory Authentication
- How to enable Windows Active Directory integration in FotoWeb and import groups.
- Azure Active Directory integration and SSO
- How to configure FotoWeb to use Azure Active Directory authentication.
- FotoWeb authentication
- How to configure regular FotoWeb authentication and optionally enable Single Sign-On for users.
- SAML Authentication
- How to configure SAML authentication in FotoWeb.
- Integrated Windows Authentication and your choice of web browser
- Learn how to configure your web browser to work with Integrated Windows Authentication for SSO when using Windows Active Directory.
- Multi-Factor Authentication in FotoWare - a Primer
- How to implement Multi Factor Authentication in a FotoWare solution? Learn what's possible here.
- Troubleshooting SSO: SSO login fails with IIS error 404 though FotoWeb 'seems to work'.
- How to troubleshoot a 404 error when logging in to FotoWeb using SSO.
- Which authentication providers are the FotoWeb Desktop plugins compatible with?
- Which authentication mechanisms are FotoWeb Desktop plugins compatible with?