The CMS Export module in FotoWeb offers the possibility to export any picture or graphics file to a Content Management System. In the process a user can resize, add effects and otherwise customize the appearance of the exported picture.
When a user exports a picture for embedding in the CMS, FotoWeb creates a permanent link to a cached version of the exported picture. Users can set a publication expiry date, at which point the exported asset will become unavailable. (The CMS will simply display a block saying "Media Not Available".) It is also possible to manually revoke a published picture so it will no longer appear in the CMS.
Exported pictures are delivered from outside of FotoWeb's authentication layers and will be available to anyone with knowledge of the URL and access to the server. This also ensures maximum performance, so a powerful server can handle thousands of image requests concurrently.
This guide describes the use of the CMS functionality. However, before such use is possible FotoWeb needs to be integrated with the CMS. Developers and administrators should consult the CMS integration guide to get the details.
- Exporting a picture to your CMS
- How to pick a file and start the CMS export module to set your export preferences.
- Adding a caption and tooltip to the picture
- Adding a click action to the picture
- Adding special effects to the picture
- Creating and using export presets
- Cropping and sizing pictures for use on a CMS
- Enhancing a picture before export to CMS
- Finalizing your settings and exporting the picture to your CMS
- Setting publication name and expiry for the CMS export
- Managing pictures that have been exported to a CMS
- Learn how to manage the pictures you have exported from FotoWeb for use in your Content Management System (CMS).
- Using the Selection widget to place an asset in a CMS
- If your CMS has been integrated with FotoWeb, you can call up a Selection widget from your CMS that lets you browse and search archives and albums for files you want to use in articles in the CMS.
- Uploading an asset using the Selection widget
- This topic explains how to upload a picture from your desktop to FotoWeb using the Selection widget. This way you can place that picture directly in an article in your CMS afterwards.
- Hosting CMS Exports on a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Learn how to configure FotoWeb to distribute assets that have been exported through the CMS module on a CDN.
- Where are exported assets stored?
- Where does FotoWeb store assets that have been exported for use on a CMS, and what should I know about the caching of assets?