Learn how to apply a metadata macro to a single or a whole selection of files
When are macros useful?
If you want to add metadata to files and also want to be able to control how text should be inserted (if the text field should be cleared or not, if any new content should replace previous content, etc.), you will find that macros are more customizable than templates:
Applying a macro
- Select the file that you want to edit the metadata for.
- Open the metadata editor.
- Click on the Macros menu and select the macro you would like to use.
- The metadata from the macro is inserted according to the macro’s setting.
- When you are done, click on the OK button to add the inserted macro’s metadata to the selected file. If you decide that you don’t want to change the text after all, click on the Cancel button.
Tip: You can quickly apply a macro to a whole range of files using the Stamp tool.