How to export a single namespace to a file for distribution to other FotoWare servers or clients in the network.
Exporting a single namespace
If you've made a new namespace and need to duplicate its field definitions to other FotoWare servers and clients in the network you can simply export a single namespace instead of duplicating the entire metadata configuration file:
- Open the metadata configuration program if it's not aready running and right-click on the namespace you want to export.
- Now choose Export namespace to XML file...
- Store the XML file somewhere, for example on your desktop.
Importing the namespace on the target system
- Now copy the file to the target FotoWare system and open the metadata configuration on that server or client.
- Right-click on the Namespaces node and choose Import namespace from XML file...
- Locate the xml file you created during the export and select it.
- In the import window, make sure the namespace is selected. You will see how many fields are about to the be imported, and you can choose how ID's should be handled. Altering the ID's will not affect the field definitions as such, but if your system has been configured with metadata editors that you would like to reuse on the other system the ID's should be preserved. If there's an ID conflict (target ID is already taken) you can choose to assign new ID's and choose a new start ID. Generally the ID assignment is of no great importance on a FotoWare server system.
- Click OK to import the fields
- Choose File | Save in the program menu to store the changes.
When you've changed the metadata configuration file on a server, you will need to restart all FotoWare services (including the Operations Center) on that server to initialize the new metadata configuration.