When configuring an archive, the manager can control where assets are stored when files are copied, moved, or uploaded to an archive.
Note: This setting also applies to apps and integrations and uploading/ingestion using the API. When uploading using the API, the destination can only be the archive itself, and the folder is chosen automatically if the setting is Default or File system. New folders can be created using the API only if the setting is User selection. For information about how the API can be used to query which upload destinations are available, see Ingestion.
Tip: This setting in the archive configuration is also honored by the API. This means that if you write an integration that uploads files to a certain FotoWeb archive with a predefined input folder set, that's where the uploaded file will be stored. This is an excellent way to control the precise workflow when uploading new content to the system.
- From the Tools menu (cogwheel icon), go to Site Configuration > Archives.
- Open the Export and Import tab.
- There are two alternatives in the archive settings in the Copy / Move / Upload to archive section:
- Default: Assets are always stored in the first document folder in the archive. Users cannot choose the folder or a subfolder, and they cannot create new subfolders.
- User selection: Users can select a folder in the archive where files are stored and create new subfolders.