FotoWeb can be integrated with desktop applications such as editorial systems to enable users to drag and drop assets into an external app. The desktop application receives the asset along with all its metadata and can create a local rendering of it. Single assets can be dropped, as well as selections of multiple assets. FotoWeb provides functionality and APIs necessary for building such integration. However, additional software development is required for each distinct target application in order to make the application accept dropped assets and request information from FotoWeb.
|Requirements for Drag and Drop export|
|Required archive permissions:||View and Place (minimum)|
|Required system License:||Main user licenses or Pro user licenses|
|Supported user types:||Available for Main and Pro users|
IMPORTANT: An API license is required to use drag & drop integration, however when retrieving only metadata and quick renditions, no API license is needed.
Accessing the original (high resolution image) file of an asset in a third-party application requires an API license.
- Administrator guide: Configuring your application for FotoWeb Drag and drop export
- An administrator's guide to configuring your application to receive dropped assets from FotoWeb.
- Integrator's guide to FotoWeb Drag and Drop export
- How to integrate a third party system with FotoWeb to allow drag and drop from FotoWeb into the application.
- User guide: Dropping assets from FotoWeb to a third-party system
- How to drop assets from FotoWeb or FotoWeb Pro into a third-party system.