Quick Renditions are predefined sizes that you can set as an administrator and will let users download a preview of the image in the DAM system with a single click.
Although somewhat similar to processing profiles, Quick Renditions will only create a resized copy of the original asset and deliver it to the client with an optional watermark - no additional processing can be used with Quick Renditions. Still, it offers a convenient way to define sizes and assign a label to them so users can quickly understand their use.
As an administrator, you can create a collection of Quick Renditions and assign these to an archive to let users choose from the different sizes you've defined.
Tip: If you're building an integration with FotoWeb using the API, using QuickRenditions is the preferred method to request custom size previews.
Creating Quick Renditions
- From the Tools menu (cogwheel icon), go to Site Configuration > Workflows > Quick Renditions.
- Select Add quick rendition to create a new collection.
- Enter a name for the collection and, optionally, a description.
- Select Add size to add the different rendition sizes you would like.
- Each size can have a descriptive name - this is what the user sees in the user interface.
- Enter a size value. A preview has to be in the range of 50 to 8192 pixels.
- Select OK.
- You can customize the order of the sizes you've defined by moving them up or down in the list in the Quick Rendition details view.
Watermarking a Quick Rendition
You can assign a watermark to the renditions. If you want to watermark all the renditions in a collection, set the watermark individually for all the sizes you define.
Tip: You can upload custom watermarks to the server and use them for Quick Renditions and processing profiles.
- From the Tools menu (cogwheel icon), go to Site Configuration > Workflows > Watermarks.
- Select Upload to select a file. When creating a watermark, you can achieve transparency by ensuring those areas have a color value of 128 in R, G, and B channels.
- When you're finished adding sizes, select Save.
Assigning the Quick Renditions to an archive
When you've created a quick rendition collection, you need to assign it to the archive where it should be used.
Open the properties of that archive and go to the Export and Import tab. Select the collection you created in the Quick Renditions section.