Learn what's included in the November 2022 update of Fotoware SaaS.
Fotoware as a Service - Hotfixes 2022
These releases are gradually deployed and the latest release will be available on all tenants soon. The releases are listed in chronological order, with the latest on top.
- The performance issues related to excessive preview requests for SVG files are fixed. A placeholder icon is now displayed if FotoWeb does not support thumbnail previews for a file type. This placeholder icon will be cached for a limited amount of time only.
- If previews for ZIP files are enabled but no preview.jpg is included in the ZIP file, FotoWeb now displays a ZIP file icon as preview and thumbnail.
- The emails sent by FotoWeb when an album is shared are improved. In Fotoware SaaS, the email sender address is always
email@example.com the email sender name (email header) is always
Fotoware SaaS. In Fotoware On-Premises, the email sender address is the email address set in the Sender email address field in the settings (Site Configuration > Server Configuration > Email Server) and the email sender name (email header) is the name set in the Sender name field.
- Index Manager can once again read embedded metadata from video files.
- The processing of SVG files in Index Manager is improved.
- The mask marker is now displayed immediately when applied to a large number of assets.
- You can once again upload assets to Fotoware from an integration using the Selection Widget, even when not logged in to your Fotoware account.
- In the Selection Widget:
- you can now set a default thumbnail size that is presented when the selection widget is loaded
- a taxonomy item with a long name is now presented correctly
- User management: The site owner is no longer included in the total number of Editor licenses when logging in with SSO.
- Site Configuration:
- Site Configuration is no longer available for users who do not have access permissions to it when they have Export, Place, or Upload permissions in an archive.
- You can now copy data fields in Site Configuration as well as fields in the Users/Groups section.
- In the Fotoware Main Interface, the Actions button is available again on album pages.
- SSO login sometimes fails with an sso_access_denied error if the user is a member of more than 100 groups in Azure AD and group-based access control is used. As a workaround, you can use role-based access controls to allow affected users to log in: link linked groups against roles and then link roles against Fotoware groups.