This topic explains what to do if you are locked out of FotoWeb and have administrative access to the server.
This can happen if you enable SSO for a site and disable the regular login with a username and password. Users will then be forced to log in using SSO and if the SSO configuration is incomplete it will be impossible to log in.
- Log on to the FotoWare server console and open the FotoWeb Configuration application from the Start menu.
- Disable SSO via the site list.
- Select the site from the site list and choose Reset password. This resets the password of the site owner user.
- Log in again using the site owner username and new password.
- If the site does not have a site owner, then Reset password will set a password of the Administrator user. You can then log in with username Administrator and the new password. Note that we no longer recommend setting a password for the Administrator user. Instead, we recommend creating a user and setting that user as site owner. This can be done in the user management interface after logging in to FotoWeb.