What to do if the administrator account gets locked out?
This topic explains what to do if you are locked out of FotoWeb and have administrative access to the server.
This can happen if you enable SSO for a site and disable the regular login with a username and password. Users will then be forced to log in using SSO and if the SSO configuration is incomplete it will be impossible to log in.
- Log on to the FotoWare server console and open the FotoWeb Configuration application from the Start menu.
- Disable SSO via the site list.
- Select the site from the site list and choose Reset password. This resets the password of the site owner user.
- Log in again using the site owner username and new password.
- If the site does not have a site owner, then Reset password will set a password of the Administrator user. You can then log in with username Administrator and the new password. Note that we no longer recommend setting a password for the Administrator user. Instead, we recommend creating a user and setting that user as site owner. This can be done in the user management interface after logging in to FotoWeb.