Login to FotoWeb is slow when using Active Directory integration
If you experience performance issues when logging on to FotoWeb using Active Directory integration, these points can help you troubleshoot.
- The domain controller is slow to respond
- Requests to a domain controller are timing out, maybe even deliberately for security reasons
How to debug performance issues logging in
Enable additional logging in FotoWeb
- Open the Operations Center, go to the FotoWeb tab and choose Configuration | Open. FotoWeb Server settings open in a separate tab.
- Now open the Service Options tab and choose the System Logging node.
- Set Application Trace Files to Debug, and then click Save in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
- Reproduce the problem
- Locate the log file fotoweb.exe Script Processing.trace in the folder C:\ProgramData\FotoWare\FotoWeb\Operations\Logs
- In the file, search for all lines containing "Search completed in" and unusually high values (e.g. several seconds)
- Find the corresponding log message "Ldap search..." to locate the LDAP quety that was slow
- If only lookups of groups or domains that are unnecessary for FotoWeb user authentication are slow, then these queries can be added to the LDAP blacklist.
- Otherwise, this is either an issue with the LDAP server (e.g., load balancing and one or more slow servers) or the network. It has to be resolved by the network administrator.