If you experience performance issues logging on to FotoWeb using Active Directory integration, these points can help you troubleshoot.
- The domain controller is slow to respond.
- Requests to a domain controller are timing out, maybe even deliberately, for security reasons.
How to debug performance issues logging in
Enable additional logging in FotoWeb
- Open the FotoWeb Settings app and go to Settings > System logging.
- Set Application Trace Files to Debug.
- Select Save.
- Reproduce the problem.
- Locate the log file fotoweb.exe Script Processing.trace in the folder C:\ProgramData\FotoWare\FotoWeb\Operations\Logs.
- In the file, search for all lines containing "Search completed in" and unusually high values (e.g., several seconds).
- Find the corresponding log message "Ldap search..." to locate the LDAP query that was slow.
- If only lookups of groups or domains that are unnecessary for FotoWeb user authentication are slow, then these queries can be added to the LDAP blacklist.
- Otherwise, this is either an issue with the LDAP server (e.g., load balancing and one or more slow servers) or the network. It has to be resolved by the network administrator.