A solution for issues with previews in Fotoware plugins (no previews) or Archive Agent (displays a 404-page).
Note: The Preview Agent API is deprecated and will be set to End of Life on July 1st, 2024.
If you have integrations that display previews in real-time, we recommend looking into alternative solutions such as obtaining temporary preview links from the RESTful API.
In both cases, the issue is caused by two settings in IIS (Internet Information Services).
Try this first
First, try to remove the FotoWeb Site from IIS and then set up IIS again using the FotoWeb Administration Console:
- Open the FotoWeb Administration Console from the Start menu.
- Expand the Server node and right-click the Site node, then choose All Tasks - Remove from IIS...
- When the operation is complete, right-click the Site node again and choose All Tasks - Setup IIS...
- Choose the IIS site to tie FotoWeb to and continue.
If that does not work, do the following
- Open IIS, and browse to %SERVERNAME%/Sites/fotoweb/cache. Find the Error Pages entry under IIS, and double-click it.
- Find the entry for the 404 error page and double-click it to edit.
- Change the entry to use the Execute a URL on this site option, and enter the following in the text box: /fotoweb/fwbin/fotoweb_isapi.dll
- Click OK, then, on the right-hand side, of the IIS Window, select Edit Feature Settings.
- Change the setting to Custom error pages.