FotoWeb, Color Factory and Index Manager rely on ffmpeg to perform video transcoding. Tthe ffmpeg package has to be installed separately from the FotoWare installation.
Follow the instructions below to obtain and install ffmpeg on your FotoWare server(s):
- Download a binary FFmpeg package from https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/.
- Version 4.2.3
- Windows 64-bit
- GPL 3.0
and click on Download Build.
- Open the downloaded zip file and go to the “bin” folder.
- Copy “ffmpeg.exe” and “ffprobe.exe”.
- Paste the files in these folders. based on which FotoWare product(s) you're using:
- FotoWeb: “C:\Program Files (x86)\FotoWare\FotoWeb 8.0\Scripts\Python\fotoware\videotranscoder\bin\win8x64”
- Index Manager: “C:\Program Files\FotoWare\Index Manager 8.0”
- Color Factory: “C:\Program Files\FotoWare\Color Factory 8.0”
- Restart the FotoWare services
If you're updating from an older version of FotoWeb
Older versions of FotoWeb included ffmpeg. However, newer versions of FotoWeb may not work with olders versions of ffmpeg, so we advise obtaining ffmpeg manually as described above.