Applies to:FotoStation Client - See comparison here
This article descibes what you need to install FotoStation on Microsoft Terminal Server or Citrix.
Important note: You don't need a terminal server license when using Remote desktop to connect to FotoStation on a Windows client computer such as WIndows 7 or 8. However, when FotoStation is installed on a Windows Server, it will not start without a valid terminal server license.
Note that a Terminal Server License is ONLY available if your software is covered by a valid Software Maintenance Agreement.
To install FotoStation on a Terminal Server or in a Citrix environment, follow these steps:
- Obtain a license for running FotoStation in this environment from your FotoWare Partner.
- You will need to fill out an Application for Terminal Server License and send to your partner. Before this application can be filled out, you need to obtain the MAC address (network interface address) of the server that will be hosting the licensing server software. (This must be a Windows server system.)
- You will receive a license file from FotoWare.
- Install the FotoWare License Server and the license file you received from FotoWare.
- Install FotoStation on the terminal server where you want to run the application. Activate the application over the internet using a normal product key. After activation, when you try to start FotoStation you will receive a message saying that you are not licensed to run the application in a Terminal Server environment.
- Set up a system wide environment variable for all users, LM_LICENSE_FILE=port@servername, that point to the license server. The default port is 27000. You can use the server’s DNS name or the IP-address of the license server. It may be necessary to reboot the server for this change to take effect. Learn more about activating clients with a license server.
- Start FotoStation. It will now use both the activated license on the machine, and check out a license from the license server.
- Configure FotoStation to use separate configurations per user or a server based configuration.
Important: The license file running in the License Server must be renewed every 13 months. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an updated license file up to 60 days prior to the expiry.