In order to obtain your license keys, you must first fulfill your agreement. When you fulfill the agreement, you receive an email with the license activation keys, which need to be activated on each computer that has Fotoware software installed. This article explains how you fulfill the agreement and obtain the license keys.
Note: Your existing license keys are extended when you renew your agreement.
What does fulfillment mean?
Fulfillment is the process by which you activate the agreement and receive your license keys by email. When you fulfill an agreement online, it means that you retrieve license keys for all the products covered by the agreement. Valid license keys are required to run the latest releases of the software.
What are the implications of doing a fulfillment?
- When you complete the fulfillment process, you receive an email with all the licenses in the agreement and the keys to activate them.
- The software you are currently running will continue running. However, if you need to repair or reactivate a license, you must renew the license key to do so.
- MSI deployment packages of FotoStation that use a volume key need to be updated with the new license key.
How to fulfill an agreement and obtain your license keys
There are 4 steps involved in this process, each step is described below.
- Log in to the Fotoware Customer Portal
- Fulfill the agreement
- Download the software
- Activate the licenses
Log in to the Fotoware Customer Portal
Once you have read the above and understand the implications of running a fulfillment, log in to the Fotoware Customer Portal.
If you do not have an account in the Fotoware Customer Portal, see How to create an account in Customer Portal.
Now you can fulfill the agreement. The fulfillment process involves digitally signing the agreement, after which the license keys for the software covered by the agreement are sent to your email address.
- The Registration Details page opens automatically. Alternatively, select Company to open the Registration Details page.
- Any agreements that are pending fulfillment are listed at the top of the page. Alternatively, select Fotoware Software Agreement to display all agreements (awaiting fulfillment, active, and expired).
- Select Fulfill now. Verify that the agreement lists the correct products.
- Enter your name and select Sign and complete. The license keys required to activate the software are sent to your email address.
- After a few minutes, you can also find the valid licenses in the Licenses area (at the top of the page). This is useful if you do not have access to your email.
- Select a license to display more information about it, including the license key required to activate the software.
If you do not receive an email with the licenses within 10 minutes, check the email spam filter before contacting Fotoware.
Exporting license information to a CSV file
If you have several licenses, it might be practical to export them directly after fulfillment. You receive the licenses by email upon fulfillment, but you may want to store the license information in another system as well.
Select the Download all licenses as CSV link to export a comma-separated file containing all license information for download to the desktop. The table below shows the fields that are included. This can be used to keep track of which machines/users have been assigned to different license keys, for instance.
|Index Manager 8.0
Note: If you purchase new software, remember to export the new license keys.
Download the software
Now it's time to download your software.
Tip: If you're already running FotoStation, you can use the Auto Update feature to automatically download and install the latest version.
Activate the licenses
New licenses need to be activated while existing licenses must be renewed.
In the case of new licenses, after you have fulfilled the licenses and downloaded the software, you need to activate the licenses on each computer that has Fotoware software installed. There are many ways to activate a license, for more information, see Licensing and product activation.
Note: If you have an old version of Fotoware software installed on your computer, activate licenses before installing new versions of Fotoware.
Legacy licenses (Fotoware software earlier than version 7.0) are not shown by default. Select Show legacy licenses to expand the list and display these licenses also.
Expired licenses are not shown by default. Select Show expired licenses to expand the list and display these licenses also.