A channel is a combination of a source and destination with optional routing applied. Hence, when you have configured server and folder settings for your sources and destinations, setting up a channel is as simple as choosing a source and a destination.
How to create a channel
Go to the Channels tab in the Connect configuration screen and then click on the green Plus icon in the channel pane.
You can then choose input and output folders for the channel and optionally specify a routing to apply to the channel.
When creating a channel there are many settings to allow you to control precisely how the transferred files are handled:
- Setting the channel's source and destination folders
- Configuring handling of file names and renaming rules
- Choosing how to handle folder structures in the source and destination folders
- Choosing how to handle date stamps on transferred files
- Choosing how Connect should handle any sidecar files that are transferred.