A channel is a combination of a source and destination with optional routing applied. When you have configured server and folder settings for your sources and destinations, you can set up a channel.
How to create a channel
- In the Connect Settings app, go to Channels.
- Select the group to which you want to add a channel and select Add channel.
- You can then choose input and output folders for the channel and, optionally, specify a routing to apply to the channel.
- Select Save.
When creating a channel there are many settings to allow you to control precisely how the transferred files are handled:
- Setting the channel's source and destination folders
- Configuring handling of file names and renaming rules
- Choosing how to handle folder structures in the source and destination folders
- Choosing how to handle date stamps on transferred files
- Choosing how Connect should handle any sidecar files that are transferred